Friday, April 13, 2012

Brownie double choc cake




I've been recently on a diet for 6 months, and I lost 15 kilos (33 pounds). And as many know, a diet is full of sacrifices. So for the last few weeks I've been craving for brownies, a really chocolaty brownie! I even tried to make a diet version of them, but failed. It was good but didn't taste at all like a brownie. So here I am now, out of the strict part of my diet and able once per week to eat whatever I wish. So one of the first dessert I made was a brownie!! Unluckily, I didn't have a square tin anymore, so well, this did not stop me: I put the brownie in a round cake tin, and it ended up as what I called a brownie cake!!

Here is the recipe of the one I made:

Ingredients


- 340g of butter
- 40g cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 250g brown sugar
- 140g flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 115g almonds, nuts mix (in powder)
- 115g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp milk

(if in my next posts you wish me to also put the ingredients in pounds, please tell me)


Directions



  • Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celcius.
  • Melt 225g butter with 40g cocoa powder in a bain-marie. 
  • In a bowl, mix the eggs with the brown sugar, and add this mix to the butter-cocoa mix. Add the flour, vanilla extract and nuts-almonds. Mix everything well together.
  • Pour the dough in a 25cm cake tin. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
  • Remove the cake from the tin and let it cool down.
  • In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate with the milk in a bain-marie. When smooth, take it away from the stove and add 115g of soft butter. Mix well until smooth.
  • When the icing is cold and a little bit thick, spread it on the brownie cake.



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! So glad that you treat yourself every now and then to some yumminess though...this brownie cake looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so important when you're trying to lose weight to make sure that you don't feel deprived - I'm glad you were able to enjoy what you had been craving! (And congrats on the weight loss so far!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I love chocolate cake and brownies! Congrats on the weight loss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just doesn't look delicious... :P it WAS :D Nom Nom

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing splendidly - losing weight yet enjoying yourself :D
    This cake seems like the perfect break - utterly delish!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked good for your once a week treat! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...