Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sweet and Sour pizza

Last weekend I was craving for a pizza, but not any pizza. I wanted a homemade sweet and sour pizza. I've discovered this pizza for the first time last summer in south of France, in a small restaurant situated in the seaside resort of Port Leucate. And as I'm already of fan of everything that mixes sweet and sour, I just right away fell in love with this pizza. And now I want to share it with you, as I'm sure there is people out there, who like me love the food which mixes sweet and sour tastes. But... here comes the recipe:


Pizza dough


Makes 3 thin crust pizzas (30cm diameter)


Ingredients: 

  • 340g flour
  • 1 tea spoon sugar
  • 1 tea spoon dried yeast
  • 1 tea spoon salt
  • 1,5 table spoon olive oil
  • 22,5cl warm water



Instructions:

Mix 225g of flour with the sugar, dried yeast and salt. 
In a bowl mix the olive oil and the water.
Add it slowly to the flour/sugar/yeast/salt and mix until smooth with electric mixer (best is to use a kneader).
Add 115g of flour and knead the dough until it gets smooth and flexible.
Then form a ball with it, put it in a big bowl and cover it with a tea towel. 



Place the bowl in a lukewarm area and let it rise for 3h. The dough should double in volume. 
After the 3 hours, cut your dough in 3 and form 3 small balls. If you don't need 3 pizzas, you can put the ball(s) in clingfilm and then in the fridge or freezer. 
With a rolling pin, make a 30cm diameter circle.
Your dough is ready to be filled!



Sweet and Sour pizza

Ingredients:

  • 6 slices of goat cheese
  • 2 slices of bacon cut in pieces
  • 6 prunes
  • 6 walnuts
  • Grated emmental
  • Tomato puree
  • Honey



Preheat your oven at 240 degree celcius. 
Fill your pizza dough with all those ingredients, tomato puree on the bottom, honey and grated cheese on top, everywhere. All other ingredients in between, as you wish! Then put it in the oven for around 5 minutes. Bon appétit! 





5 comments:

  1. I love pizza. Can't go wrong with pizza. Your pizza looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pizza, Hallie. I can taste the flavors bouncing around in my mouth. I'll have to give this one a shot... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and sour... the best flavour !! Your pizza looks so good, you're a great cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I love sweet and sour! Also, thanks for accepting my foodbuzz friend request. I love your site and now following you on Twitter. For a different flavor pizza, you might like my Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onion, and Ham Pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I love goat cheese and onions! I will try it when I bake again pizzas!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...